This post is in connection with my previous post “How To Set Goals For Life In 5 Holistic Ways To Maximise Potential”.
Some of the links below are aﬃliate links. If you decide to purchase any of these resources, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. For more information, check out my Privacy and Disclosure Policy here [link to policy]“
In this post, I will be elaborating more on how to set goals for life in 5 holistic ways by making the most out of the needs that you already have.
There are questions we need to ask ourselves, before considering how to make the most out of our needs.
The questions we should ask ourselves sums up everything I have already explained.
Questions we should ask ourselves, before considering these needs (setting goals for life)
First of all, on a piece of paper, I would like you to ask yourself these questions and put them into categories based on what I have mentioned?
What problems do I have based on my physical needs?
do I have somewhere safe to stay,
can I afford what I need which means food and water?
Am I able to bathe on a daily basis, am I comfortable in the type of environment I am living in?
What problems do I have based on my intellectual needs?
Am I able to learn something new every day?
Is concentrating and retaining information hard based on what I have read or has been explained to me?
Am I able to remember my actions a few hours ago or a day before? Do I remember the information that has been said to me?
What problems do I have based on my emotional needs?
Am I in relationships that are taking hold of my energy and time?
Are relationships I am in constantly bringing a negative reaction out of me on a daily basis?
Secondly, Do I experience shame, hurt and anger on a daily basis because of those around me?
Do I feel worthy or important in the relationships I already have,
Am I feeling heard of? with the communications, I have with those close to me
What problems do I have based on my social needs?
Do I talk to people on a daily basis or am I always keeping to myself?
Secondly, Do I go out often and am I around people all the time, or do I constantly stay indoors?
Do I stay indoors most of the days of the week than I am in public places?
Am I able to connect with my close ones or people in general without feeling awkward or feeling socially anxious?
Do I feel depression in any way?
Lastly, ask yourself, What problems do I have based on my spiritual needs?
Do I know what I believe in?
Am I aware of who I am?
Do I feel comfortable going to a public place of worship?
If I feel uncomfortable going to a place of worship, do I worship at home in a similar way?
Do I put into practice my beliefs in terms of my spirituality?
Answering these questions
Answering the questions I have suggested will help you know what you need to work on, in order to meet your needs. In my previous post, I give suggestions for solving these problems.
The problems I have mentioned will help you decide what you want to achieve in 5 different ways.
Now that you have the answers to the questions and have an idea on how to solve it. You can now focus on making the most out of your needs the best way possible.
I will be explaining making the most out of your needs by considering healthier options for making the most out of these needs.
These suggestions I will give you can be in the form of the goals you set which will benefit you long term.
Making the most out of your physical needs (setting goals for life)
Firstly we need to ask ourselves, what do physical needs entails? and how to meet them the best way possible.
To start with, Making the most out of our physical needs is:
- Eating healthier- getting the nutrients we need to perform well during the way
- Drinking enough water during the day- it is recommended to have at least 2 litres of water per day
- Getting enough sleep- To be more alert during the day
- Practising self-care on a daily basis by brushing your teeth and bathing every day.
To get the most out of our self-care, bathe and brush your teeth in the morning and the night.
Brushing teeth after you have just eaten can also help to prevent cravings or prevent you eating more than you need.
- Other ways of making the most out of your physical needs: Spending less time in environments that do not feel safe
- Exercising on a daily basis at least 30 mins 5 days of the week
Making the most out of your intellectual needs (setting goals for life)
Firstly, to make the most out of our intellectual needs:
- Read at least 30 mins a day
- Go for a walk at least 5 times a week
- Take part in activities that are brain-boosting, this could be sudoku etc. Puzzles can help (Play more games)
- Learn a new skill, this could be learning a new language, playing an instrument, learning to knit.
Making the most out of your emotional needs
First of all, To make the most out of your emotional needs:
- Work on loving yourself first, by eliminating negative people out of your life
- Speak to those who are supportive
- Journal how you feel and your thoughts on a daily basis.
Making the most out of your social needs (setting goals for life)
To start with, to make the most out of your social needs:
- Go out often to places you have always wanted to go or where you like going
- Go out to church or any religious environment often to be around people
- Travel the world
- Learn a new language and practice speaking it to others who speak the same language
- Call those close to you or acquaintances often.
- Make new friends or meet new people
- Join a local group who have similar interests or problems with you.
Making the most out of your spiritual needs
Firstly, To make the most out of your spiritual needs, we should:
- Go to church or any religious environment often to worship
- Worship on a daily consistent basis
- Know more about who you are and embrace that by meditating and knowing more about your place in the world.
Remember everything is a balance
First of all, Everything you choose to do in order to meet your needs should be not too much or too little. it should be enough.
How to balance everything you do is by knowing how much time you should spend on a daily basis on each task that you set to achieve, or also knowing how much you should take in what you do.
For example, sleeping. It is recommended that we sleep for at least 7-8 hours per day. But it also depends on how old you are.
If you sleep less than these recommended hours or too much of these recommended hours,
you will not be able to be fully alert or even perform as well as you can if you did sleep enough hours.
Lastly, Having the balance in what you do, will help you work the best you can to achieve what you need to do on a daily basis
Conclusion (setting goals for life)
To conclude, To meet our needs we need to look at what type of problems we have in all these areas I have mentioned
and set solving those problems based on those areas.
When we have done that, we can look at making the most out of our needs the best way possible.
Setting goals to make the most our of our needs will help us perform the best we can to achieve what we want to do.
but we should also consider that everything should be a balance, not too much or too little.
Lastly, Check out my previous posts “How To Set Goals For Life In 5 Holistic Ways To Maximise Potential”